Tuesday, August 12, 2008

CGI Olympics

I wasn't surprised to read this morning that the girl who sang at the Olympics just lip-synced and that it was actually another girl's voice. Another girl that the Chinese Olympics officials considered too homely to use in the ceremonies. Sad, but that's show biz I guess.

No, what really bothered me was finding out that those 29 fireworks footprints that I was so impressed with weren't real. They were just a CGI generated video that had been prepared long in advance. Only one of the 29 footprints actually went off. What the hell?!? Well, why stop there? It cost a fortune to build that bird's nest stadium to say nothing of the security protecting all those people. In 2012 London should consider a 100% CGI opening ceremonies. So what if the Chinese stadium can seat 90,000? London's CGI stadium can hold 100 million people! And they don't even have to install bathrooms. Yeah, I think that China's on to something here.

No comments: